TABLE OF CONTENTS
Manuscript Collection No. 388
Founded in 1888; in 1985 name changed to Jewish Publication Society; headquartered in Philadelphia, Pa.
Correspondence, minutes and other materials relating to the activities of the JPS.
Terms of Access and Use
The Jewish Publication Society of America Records are open to all users. The original manuscript collection is available in the Barrows-Loebelson Reading Room of the Jacob Rader Marcus Center of the American Jewish Archives.
Property and Literary Rights
Jacob Rader Marcus, by the act of donating the Jewish Publication Society of America Records to the American Jewish Archives, assigned all property rights to the American Jewish Archives. Literary rights are retained by the Jewish Publication Society of America. Literary rights may also be retained by specific creators of materials.
Questions concerning rights should be addressed to the Executive Director of the American Jewish Archives. For more information see the American Jewish Archives copyright information webpage.
Footnotes and bibliographic references should refer to the Jewish Publication Society of America Records and the American Jewish Archives. A suggestion for at least the first citation is as follows:
[Description], [Date], Box #, Folder #. MS-388. Jewish Publication Society of America Records. American Jewish Archives, Cincinnati, Ohio.
The Jewish Publication Society of America Records were received from Jacob Rader Marcus, Cincinnati, Ohio..
Processed by American Jewish Archives staff.
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
The following terms have been used to index the description of this collection in the AJA's online catalog.
Jewish literature -- Publication and distribution -- United States
Jewish Publication Society of America -- Archives
Jews -- United States -- Societies, etc
Marcus, Jacob Rader -- 1896-1995